The province of Flevoland is one of the 12 regional governmental bodies in the Netherlands. The organisation has about 450 employees. The provincial politics focus on 5 themes; young people, mobility, economy and labour market, society and sustainability, climate, water and nature.
The province of Flevoland is lead partner of MORE4NRG and is therefore responsible for the general management of the project. But the province also takes part in all the content related activities of the project and is a partner in the peer reviews and the good practice exchanges.Key objectives for this partner:
- The province of Flevoland has its main focus on wind energy, but besides that, aims to develop new capacities to produce for example energy from biomass, to improve heath-cold storage and manure processing. Flevoland plans to produce 60% of its total energy demand (transport excluded) in a sustainable way by the year 2013. By exchanging good practices with other MORE4NRG partners, Flevoland hopes to improve their RES/EE policies and practices.
- Str. Gheorghe Sincai nr. 46 - 430311 Baia Mare (Romania)Tel:
- + 40262211544
Maramures County Council is the regional public authority responsible for the co-ordination of the local councils of communes and towns for the purposes of achieving the public services of county interest. One of its main responsibilities is to adopt and monitor the implementation of strategies, prognosis and economical – social programmes for the sustainable development of the county.
Maramures has signed the AER Declaration: “European Regions for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Sources” making a commitment to increase its share of renewable energy and boost energy efficiency in the county and setting general energy objectives which would like to refine by translating them into figures. At the same time, the County intends to develop a regional energy strategy to be integrated in the Local Environmental Action Plan and in the medium and long term Sustainable Development Strategy of the county. In order to quantify and achieve its energy targets, the County Council needs to build the necessary capacity within the organisation. In this context, Maramures joined FEDARENE and AER, created an Energy Management Agency and paticipates in various European cooperation projects linked to energy and environmental protection.Key objectives for this partner:
- Capacity building in energy planning and policy making
- Exchange of good practices, experiences and information with the partner regions
Region Abruzzo, is one of the 20 regions that constitute the Italian Republic, and is the political and administrative authority which represents the community of citizens living in its territory. Its role is the planning of activities both at a legislative level and administrative, in order to achieve the objectives set by the local administration.
The foundations for an energy policy based on the development of clean renewable sources (wind, photovoltaic, solar, biomass, hydrogen) have been laid down at regional level. Region Abruzzo has felt the need to address in a coordinated manner the planning and governmental activities of the changes on the territory, with a model that takes account of the following areas: climate change; nature and bio-diversity, environment and health, management of natural resources and waste. RA has consolidated the choice to strengthen eco-sustainable and balanced development, putting together homogeneous topics. This choice is necessary looking at the recent evolution of the region and to the increasing pressure produced by the economic development and human activities.Key objectives for this partner:
- Climate change
- Nature and bio-diversity
- Environment and health
- Management of natural resources and waste
- Eco-sustainable and balanced development
- C/ Colon, 1 - 4ª planta- 46004 Valencia (Spain)Tel:
- +34 963 427 900
- +34 963 427 901
- Regione Lazio – Direzione Ambiente e Cooperazione tra i Popoli (Lazio Region – Direction for Environment and Cooperation among Peoples)Viale del Tintoretto 432, 00128 Roma (Italy)Tel:
- +39 06 51 68 9004
Lazio is one of the twenty Italian regional administrations in charge with legislative regulations and territorial governance. Along with the Italian State, Lazio region share specific competences in public health policy, environmental policies and other fields such as social services and urban programs where it has a certain independence in implementing regional initiatives.
Within the National energy framework program, and in accordance with the thematic European directives Lazio Region has been implementing a regional energy strategy for sustainability. The Direction for Environment and Cooperation among peoples has created an integrated program to finance the use of RES and EE in the regional territory. This program has been characterized by the allocation of funds to finance public and private citizens to buy systems for the production of renewable energy, to foster R&D in the fields of sustainable mobility and increase of photovoltaic panels’ efficiency as well as in the sensitizing actions targeted to awareness raising. Therefore, the Lazio Region decided to be involved in More4energy since there was the political will to compare at European level the Lazio region strategy results in order to transfer know-how and possibly to enhance its own program.Key objectives for this partner:
- To challenge the climate change; to protect and valorise at the same time the natural, cultural and human heritage; to preserve the citizens’ health and direct the development towards sustainability.
- Ploiesti, B-Dul. Republicii, Nr. 2-4Tel:
- 004 0244 514497
- 004 0244 407797
Prahova County Council is the authority of local public administration, constituted at the county level in order to coordinate the activity of the commune, town and municipality council, to accomplish the public services of county interest (The Low of public administration nr.215/2001 republished M.O.-123 from 20.02.2007, art. 87). Prahova County Council accomplishes the following main categories of attributions ( art.91, alin.1):
- Attributions concerning the organization and the functioning of the speciality apparats of the county council, of the institutions and public services of county interest and of the trading companies and of the autonomous administration of county interest
- Attributions concerning the economical – social development of the county
- Attributions concerning the management of the county’s patrimony
- Attributions concerning the management of the public services which are subordinated to it
- Attributions concerning cooperation between institutions
- Other attributions mentioned by the low
Within the National energy framework program, and in accordance with the thematic European directives, Prahova County Council wants to implement a regional energy strategy for sustainability. In the program to replace or supplement conventional heating systems with systems that use solar energy, geothermal and wind energy or other systems that improved the quality of air, water and soil, Prahova County Council has started two projects using solar system for domestic hot water production to 5 units of the General Directorate of Social and Child Protection and 2 medical units of county interest. Projects are included in the program launched by the Ministry of Environment and is example for the extension of this method of obtaining domestic hot water and other public buildings. An other example is Heating installation using HEAT SOURCE HEAT PUMP EARTHKey objectives for this partner:
- To create a regional energy strategy for sustainability, an action plan to develop the region’s renewable energy resource.
- Economic objectives:
- To create high quality employment opportunities
- To develop a strong culture of enterprise and innovation
- To provide the physical conditions for a modern economic structure, including infrastructure to support the use of new technologies
- Environmental objectives:
- To enhance and conserve the environmental quality
- To manage prudently the natural resources( water, airquality, soil and minerals)
- To involve people in preventing and minimizing adverselocal, regional and global environment impacts
- Social objectives:
- To improve health and reduce health inqualities
- To provide better opportunities for people
- To improve accessibility to jobs and services
Patras Science Park is an organization whose main aim is to provide, create and develop the appropriate infrastructures, conditions, mechanisms and added-value services that will support and promote the creation, operation and growth of “innovative” firms through incubation and spin-off processes. The scope is to stimulate the flow of knowledge and technology amongst Universities, R&D Institutions and Companies converting the R&D results into business success. Such a process will eventually contribute to the increase of the wealth of the region and its community by promoting the culture of innovation, competitiveness and entrepreneurship of its associated business and knowledge-based institutions.
Close to the University of Patras and the Research Institutes of Chemical Engineering, Computer Technology and Industrial Systems, Patras Science Park is a:
- Place of settlement and development for small, innovative and technologically advanced firms through incubation and spin-off processes
- Base for Research Institutions, Cluster Initiatives and Technology Corporations
- Landmark for Knowledge & Technology Transfer
- Mechanism to stimulate and manage the interflow of knowledge and technology between Universities, Research Centers and the market
- Leverage of community development based on human resources
- Ecosystem of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship
Patras Science Park will commit itself to the successful and effective implementation of project tasks. It will organize in cooperation with AER and the other partners the Sustainable Energy Peer Review in Western Greece, providing all necessary sources and bringing together all potential stakeholders in the field of energy production and consumption. In addition, Patras Science Park will work on the preparation of the study on the “Framework conditions necessary to generate development and investment in renewable energy infrastructures”. PSP will participate in all dissemination activities and project meetings and communicate project progress and results in Western Greece Region.Key objectives for this partner:
- In the context of MORE4NRG project, Patras Science Park will address the importance of increasing the use of renewable energy sources in the energy balance of Western Greece as well as applying rules and guidelines for energy efficiency in the area. Throughout the whole project process, and especially during the technical peer review and the preparation of the regional energy action plan, it will bring in close cooperation authorities, energy producers, academics, research institutes, consumers and technical associations. The area will benefit from the experience and knowledge gathered from such cooperation with other regions and will establish a network and useful connections within AER and other European countries. MORE4NRG will initiate the cooperation between various actors in the field of energy, so that they all contribute in joint activities relating to the preservation of the environment and quality of life. Patras Science Park will continue to play a coordinative and supporting role in the development of the region in other fields of interest as well.
- Registration: 124-4, Tzar Boris III Blvd.., Ent. A, Apt. 8, Sofia 1612 (Bulgaria)
- , Office: 4, Racho Dimchev Str., Sofia 1000 (Bulgaria)
- +359 2 9523934
- +359 887 550 138
EPF performs activities in general interest and complies with the requirements of the EU for Public Equivalent Body.
The mission is to foster sustainable development in Europe and to strengthen the European integration in the Western Balkans acting as a centre for training and education, information and experience exchange and policy-making initiatives.
MORE4NRG is the first project as of September 2008. In 2009 EPF worked on 5 more projects in areas of innovation and finance, interoperability of spatial planning information, education for regional planning, valorization of cultural heritage and promotion of Sofia University complex for RESy. Financing of the projects is mainly from EU programmes such as Interreg, eContentPlus, Culture as well as from the National Scientific Fund.
EPF implements the project in the pilot area of Gabrovo Region. The main task is to develop energy efficiency and RES action plan. For this EPF and experts from the Region participate in all project events, such as state-of-arts seminars and joint conferences for exchange of experience. EPF organized launch conference in Gabrovo to engage stakeholders as well as the peer review, attended by 10 partner experts and over 70 local interested people. Gabrovo Region is now up-dating its Regional Development Strategy, which will contain EE and RES section, objectives and measures.Key objectives for this partner:
- Develop EE and RES action plan for Gabrovo Region
- Integrate it into the Regional Development Strategy
- Disseminate information to other regions and key ministries